It’s almost Halloween! Have you thought about how you’re going to keep those candy corn calories off?
If not, you need to follow these 10 steps so you can successfully stay healthy this Halloween!
Every Halloween, thousands upon thousands of people fall prey to synthetic fillers and high-fructose corn syrup as they enjoy their Halloween candy. They fail to realize how much damage certain Halloween candies can do!
Don’t let Halloween hijack your fitness progress or make future fitness goals even harder to achieve. Follow these 10 steps, and you’ll be golden.
10 Ways to Stay Healthy this Halloween:
- Eat three distinct meals. Eating distinct meals, especially dinner before trick-or-treating or attending a party, will help you refrain from binge-eating items that have less nutritional value than a balanced meal.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated will not only help you stay alert this Halloween, but it will also fill you up to an extent.
- Provide healthier treats if distributing snacks to the trick-or-treaters. They say it takes a village to raise a child — they’re not lying! It starts with you.
- If you’re throwing a party, have a few veggie trays as snacking options. You’ll be surprised how far munching on veggies instead of chips or other salt-filled munchies will take you.
- Serve low-calorie drinks at Halloween parties. Everyone knows there will be drinks at a Halloween party. Do yourself a favor and indulge in lower-calorie options — and drink with moderation.
- If you’re going to eat a chocolate Halloween treat, eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Dark chocolate is actually full of antioxidants, unlike its lighter counterpart.
- Buy Halloween candy at the last minute. That way, you aren’t tempted to eat it before distributing it that night. It’s also cheaper when bought closer to Halloween.
- If you’re trick-or-treating, take the long route around the neighborhood to get in a few extra strides and ultimately more exercise for a healthy heart and fit body.
- Set boundaries as to how many candies you or your loved ones can eat a day. Fun-size candy is always a good option!
- Never, ever fill up a whole pillowcase with candy. That’s just asking for trouble.
With these 10 steps in mind, you’re sure to have an amazing Halloween your body won’t regret partaking in!
Get out there, be active, make good choices and have a great Halloween!